Saturday, December 26, 2009

12 Days of Christmas (part 1 of 3)

This being our first Christmas away from family, John and I were nervous about how to spend the post-presents-and-breakfast hours of Christmas day. Several weeks ago we agreed to a “12 Days of Christmas” inspired scavenger hunt in Berlin. While I can’t exactly explain where the idea came from, we hoped it would occupy some time, produce some laughs, and let us further explore our city.


John was assigned the even and I the odd numbers of the 12 days and we each began to hunt for landmarks, buildings, and sites in Berlin that roughly matched the lines of the song. Yesterday morning we presented our clues to each other, and once solved, set out in Berlin to take pictures. Here we present the “12 Days of Christmas in Berlin.”


On the twelfth day of Christmas, Berlin gave to me:


A favorite restaurant in Berlin, noted for its unique pizzas.


On the eleventh day of Christmas, Berlin gave to me:


The Neue Wache, a war memorial.


On the tenth day of Christmas, Berlin gave to me:


The Weltzeituhr, the World Time Clock at Alexanderplatz.


On the ninth day of Christmas, Berlin gave to me:

A statue in front of the Auswärtiges Amt, the Foreign Ministry where John worked.

1 comment:

  1. you kids are so so so cute. i was thinking of you over Christmas...

    ReplyDelete