Monday, November 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

This weekend I realized we never posted the other zoo video and thus left you (I'm sure) anxiously awaiting Zooscapades part TWO. My apologies, dear reader. I have tried twice now to upload the video but something is amiss. Hopefully, we can get that fixed and you can witness the excitement soon!
And we're back!!!
Why is this of interest? Pay attention to the zoo man and how he interacts with the big male. Watch how the big male responds to the zoo man. Pretty crazy, my friends!


On a side note: Saturday I attended a wedding expo with some of the Bosch ladies. The lovely Ampelhead wrote a fabulous blog entry on the event and included some great pictures. It's sure to raise your eyebrows. Check it out here: http://ampelhead.blogspot.com/

And finally: John and I visited the Neues Museum on Sunday afternoon, which was just recently reopened, bringing Berlin ever closer to returning Museum Island to its former, pre-war glory. The Museum is a Pre-History buff and Egyptologist's delight (neither of which I am). There are a lot of burial objects, bones of cavemen, general ancient stuff. It's a cabinet of curiosity on a much larger scale.

What's really interesting (in my humble opinion) is the building itself. Utterly desecrated during WWII and left to ruin for decades, the minds behind the renovation aimed (according to the audio-guide) to honor the museum's rocky past but made dramatic changes to the architecture of the 19th century building. After doing some reading, I discovered that the renovation was the source of intense debate in Berlin. Here is an article on the topic if you're looking to continue procrastinating.

All that aside, I found myself turning my camera more often at the ceiling and walls than at the collection itself. To show you what I mean:




That one is just for fun. He's thinking hard.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for recognizing our need for additional procrastination material! As usual, you do not disappoint ;)

    ReplyDelete