Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Herzlichen Willkommen!

Welcome!  This is the Graebers’ new blog, coming to you live from Berlin, Germany!  


Yes, I know.  Perhaps you are surprised to learn that Lauren and I will be living in Germany for the next year.  Don’t they move around enough?  Whose idea was that anyway?  Do they even speak German? However, you might be one of the many people who heard about this crazy decision of ours and requested regular updates about our adventures in der deutschen Hauptstadt and beyond.  We’re flattered.  But instead of a weekly all-hands-on-deck Skype conference call at random hours, which could get awkward for everyone, we figured the easiest way to include you in our new life over the next year would be through a regularly-updated blog which you can view at your leisure.


So... ich bin angekommen.  I mean, I arrived safely, both in Berlin and in the blogosphere. (Lauren arrives in a few short weeks).  Acclimation to both has been challenging, but at least our blog audience will permit us to speak in our mother tongue.  Judging from my first few days here, adjusting to Germany will require more time and endurance, but so far so good.  However, because this is my first ever blog post and I don't want to get too overzealous on my first day, details on the arrival week are forthcoming.


John

1 comment:

  1. John,

    I love that you used overzealous in your first blog post...one of my favorite words EVER! I am definitely impressed! So glad you arrived safely and can't wait to keep up with you and Lauren on here through all of your adventures and travels!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete