Thursday, September 10, 2009

Seminar 1 - A Different Perspective

As John noted before, my experience on the Seminar is very different than his. While I am invited to participate in some activities with all of the Fellows, much of my time is spent sight-seeing in the towns we visit, either with the other spouses or are on my own. So...
-I took a day trip from Stuttgart to Heidelberg, renowned for its cuteness and for it 800+ year old castle ruins.
-I wandered Stuttgart and visited the Stadtgallerie, easily one of the best art museums I've ever seen.
-I joined the fellows yesterday for a trip to Andechs which is a farming village, monastery and brewery. We toured the Rococo church (see the pictures to see the ornateness) and had dinner on the terrace of the brewery. The tour was all in German so I caught some of it. John filled in the rest.
-Today I struck out on my own in Munich for a very long bike ride. Other than a few hairy moments in traffic, it was perfect. I am back at the hotel, exhausted but satisfied!

Really, the best way to show you what I'm doing is through pictures so I'm in the process of putting everything up on Picassa. Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment